Saturday, October 25, 2008

the fresher the better

Last Sunday's farmer's market had a wonderful assortment of peppers, so I decided to make a basic beef with fresh chili peppers. Using some mild green chilis and a free range, grass fed sirloin steak, along with a massive amount of garlic, ginger and some szechuan chili oil I made this spring, I made a basic stir fry and it was terrific. I have not done a side by side, but I feel better knowing I am eating the very freshest of foods with no additives, chemicals, anti-biotics, etc. And since taste, like beauty, is a personal thing if I think it tastes better, then I guess it does.

Beef with Fresh Green Chili

1 10oz Sirloin - sliced into strips
4 green chilis, sliced into rings, seeds and all (more if you like)
4 cloves garlic (more if you like)
3 coins ginger, minced
1 TBSP chili oil
1 TSPN veg oil
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 TSPN corn starch diluted in water

Stir fry beef in oil until just rare, drain and set beef aside

stir fry garlic, ginger and peppers until just soft
add beef back in, and cook until just cooked
add in soy and corn starch, and stir

serve with white rice.